If you are facing criminal charges, the criminal defense lawyers in Clearwater at Goldman Wetzel can fight for your future and your freedom. Regardless of the severity of the charges or the circumstances that led you to this point, our legal team can help you make informed decisions and take the necessary steps to encourage the best possible outcome.
Types of Cases Goldman Wetzel Accepts
Our team can manage any criminal case in Clearwater and throughout Florida. We represent adult and juvenile clients dealing with misdemeanor or felony offenses, cases with state or federal jurisdiction, and first-time and repeat offenses.
Our cases run the gamut from white collar crimes to violent offenses. We can help you with any of the following:
- Domestic Violence: cases involving divorces, children, repeat offenders
- Sex Crimes: sexual battery, prostitution, lewd and lascivious crimes
- Drug Crimes: possession, trafficking, paraphernalia
- Crimes Involving Children: kidnapping, child pornography, trafficking
- BUI and DUI: first-time and subsequent DUIs and BUIs
- Theft and Fraud: grand theft, burglary, forgery, laundering, embezzlement, racketeering
- Sealing and Expunging Records: juvenile and adult cases
- Violent Crimes: assault, battery, manslaughter, murder
The sooner you enlist our help, the more time we have to create an effective plan of action for your defense. However, we can step in and help at any stage of the criminal process, be it during the investigation, right after the initial arrest, in the pre-trial phases, mid-trial when seeking new counsel, or even for appeals.
Reasons to Entrust Your Case to Goldman Wetzel
Goldman Wetzel is a full-service criminal defense law firm that serves defendants from all walks of life in Clearwater and throughout Florida. Several key characteristics make us a standout from other firms:
Personalized, Caring Service
At Goldman Wetzel, we understand how much you have riding on the outcome of your case. Our team will learn about you and the situation you have found yourself in, so we can provide service and legal support tailored to your specific case. Our non-judgmental, compassionate team will supply personalized and aggressive counsel and representation to help you walk confidently through the court system.
Dual Attorney Approach
Our attorneys, Summer Goldman and Maribeth Wetzel, work together on each case we accept. Unlike other firms that compartmentalize their cases, Goldman and Wetzel pool their knowledge, strengths, and insights, creating a compelling, synergistic defense for each of our clients.
Broad Legal Backgrounds
Goldman spent years as a prosecutor before transitioning to defense, and Wetzel is a career defense attorney. With 30 combined years of experience on both sides of the courtroom, our lawyers understand first-hand how the other side thinks, how to anticipate prosecutors’ strategies, and how to develop smart, compelling defense plans that promote our clients’ best interests.
How We Can Help with Criminal Charges in Clearwater
The criminal justice system is sterile, challenging to navigate, and unnerving. Our attorneys can serve as your legal advocates during the entire process, guiding you through the steps and equipping you to make the smartest decisions for your particular circumstances.
When you entrust your case to us, we will spring into action and take the appropriate steps to get the ball rolling. This may include:
- Investigating the facts of your case and speaking to witnesses;
- Looking critically at the prosecutor’s evidence and the way the state has handled the case;
- Attending all your hearings, including the first appearance, bond hearing, arraignment, and trial;
- Easing any concerns you may have about your case;
- Negotiating with the prosecutor for a plea bargain when appropriate;
- Keeping you abreast of any new developments in your case;
- Ensuring the authorities respect and uphold your rights;
- Explaining your legal options and the consequences of each choice;
- Getting your feedback and involving you in the decision-making process;
- Preparing you and your case for trial if it has not settled before the hearing;
- Crafting a thorough, well-planned defense;
- Pushing each step of the way for the best possible outcome for you; and
- Standing by your side, ensuring the court hears your voice.
Goldman Wetzel: Defense Lawyers You Can Trust
At Goldman Wetzel, client satisfaction and successful case resolutions are our primary motivators. We love helping people and advocating for our clients’ benefit. Our team has worked tirelessly at providing legal representation for Florida clients, earning us impeccable peer and client reviews.
A Sampling of Goldman Wetzel’s Client Testimonials
- One of our clients facing felony charges commented after his “Not Guilty” verdict: “I had 100 percent faith in Summer’s ability at trial. Summer and Beth Wetzel were both amazing through this whole process and I would recommend them to any and everybody who finds themselves in a tough situation like I was. A+++++.”
- Another client facing domestic violence charges shared: “[Summer Goldman’s] presence in the courtroom was like nothing else! She impressed the judge. She is amazing and never left me out in the dark. I never felt alone, and she was sensitive to my fragile state.”
- A client that hired us after getting her second DUI noted: “I got no jail time, and that was what I was dreading the most. I would highly suggest [Maribeth Wetzel] as a lawyer. She really cares about her clients and fights to get everyone the best outcome. You won’t regret hiring Mrs. Wetzel as your lawyer!”
Below are just a few accolades we have received:
- Florida Bar members in good standing
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers membership
- 10.0 Superb rating on AVVO
- 100 percent recommended on Martindale-Hubbell
- Glowing reviews on Facebook and Google
- Scores of positive client testimonials
Free Consult with a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Clearwater
For a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer in Clearwater, call Goldman Wetzel today at 727-828-3900.