If you face allegations of domestic abuse — or if there are already charges against you for a violent domestic crime — you do not have to face this on your own. The attorneys from Goldman Wetzel will fight to protect your rights and build a strong defense based on the facts of your case.
Our lawyers will guide you through the criminal justice process from arrest to arraignment to trial and every step in between. Reach out to us as early in the process as possible. We are sometimes able to prevent the State Attorney from filing charges or can fight the charges you already face.
Our Criminal Defense Attorneys Take on All Types of Domestic Violence Cases
The two domestic violence lawyers at Goldman Wetzel both work every case we handle. When you hire one of our attorneys, you hire both. This helps our team better understand every case and approach them with a unique mindset. This is possible because of our attorneys’ diverse backgrounds. Summer Goldman worked in the prosecutor’s office while Maribeth Wetzel has always fought for the rights of those accused of Florida crimes.
Together, our lawyers can take on any type of domestic violence case, no matter the charge. Some of the most common include:
- Assault and battery
- Sexual assault
- Intimidation and threats
- Child abuse and neglect
Our team is here to help if:
- You face accusations of one of these crimes by someone in your household; or
- The police arrested you for a domestic violence offense; or
- You are already fighting a domestic violence charge
We can evaluate the circumstances of your case and protect your rights. Let us go to work building a defense strategy to pursue a more favorable outcome in your case.
You Could Face Serious Consequences If Convicted of a Domestic Violence Crime
Having a domestic relationship with the victim of the crime you stand accused of is an aggravating factor in almost any case. If the police believe you victimized your partner, former partner, or family member, it could increase the penalties you face if convicted. This type of aggravating factor could make a difference in the charges the State Attorney considers and the sentence you receive from the Court if convicted, making clearing your name even more important in a domestic violence case.
Other aggravating or mitigating factors in your case may include:
- Any past domestic violence in the same family
- The severity of any current injuries
- If children witnessed the incident or conflict
- The criminal history of the perpetrator, if any
- Whether the actions violated a protective order
No one crime falls under “domestic violence.” Instead, there are dozens of offenses that could fit into this category. The sentence you face depends primarily on the severity of the crime, but also the facts of your case. You could receive a sentence that includes:
- Community service
- Significant fines
- Time in a state prison or county jail
- Mandatory attendance in a drug or alcohol program
We Can Build a Strong Defense Strategy for Your Case
There are many strategies our criminal defense attorneys can use to fight for a more favorable outcome in a Dunedin, FL, domestic violence case. We aggressively fight for our clients, offering both the support you need and the strong defense you deserve. You benefit from the experience of both of our attorneys on every case.
Some of the most common ways we pursue a more favorable outcome in this case include:
- Presenting evidence that stops the State Attorney from filing charges
- Getting the State Attorney to drop the charges with evidence to show your innocence
- Negotiating a plea deal for a lesser charge and fewer penalties
- Building a strong case, representing you in court, and fighting for an acquittal
- Making a sentencing deal, such as a probated sentence
Let Us Go To Work For You Today
Our attorneys prefer to go to work on a case before your arraignment. For this reason, we prefer clients to call us as soon as possible after their arrest or the first hint of a problem.
Of course, we are still here for you even if there are already charges pending. We will fight for a more favorable outcome, whether that means getting your charges dropped or reduced, negotiating a fair plea agreement, or going to trial and arguing with the judge on your behalf.
Let our team go to work for you. If the police arrested you or if you face domestic violence accusations, call our office today at 727-828-3900. We will evaluate the circumstances that led to your arrest and develop a solid defense strategy based on the facts of your case.
Talk to Our Domestic Violence Lawyers in Dunedin, FL
The attorneys from Goldman Wetzel are here to help you fight the allegations you face. We can help if:
- You believe you may face accusations
- There was a complaint filed against you
- You got served with a domestic violence injunction
- The police arrested you on suspicion of domestic violence
- You face a criminal charge after a Dunedin domestic violence incident
Let our team protect your rights and pursue a more favorable outcome in your case. Our attorneys handle every case together, making it possible for you to reach someone who can give you an update and address your concerns at almost any time. We can help develop a strong defense strategy and fight for justice.
Call us today at 727-828-3900 to discuss your Dunedin or Pinellas County domestic violence case.