Florida law takes driving under the influence (DUI) seriously, and a conviction could cost you. If police in Largo or elsewhere in Pinellas County accuse you of drunk driving, you do not have to try to navigate the criminal justice process on your own. The DUI lawyers in Largo from Goldman Wetzel are here to help you understand your rights and fight for the most favorable outcome possible based on the facts of your case.
Our team can answer your questions, provide compassionate support, and ensure you get aggressive legal representation every step of the way. Let our team review your case and go to work for you today. Call now at (727) 828-3900 to learn more.
We Can Help with Any Type of Largo, FL DUI
As Florida DUI lawyers, the Goldman Wetzel attorneys know what to expect with this type of case. We have likely seen cases similar to yours, and we know how prosecutors will try to build a case against you. This includes knowing:
- The types of evidence prosecutors will present
- How to counter this evidence
- How to challenge blood alcohol concentration testing
- The common ways police violate an individual’s rights during a DUI stop and arrest
- The types of plea deals that are common in these cases
In addition to developing a criminal defense strategy on your behalf, we may also be able to help you fight your administrative driver’s license suspension if there is sufficient time to do so. This is one reason why you should call us as soon as possible after an arrest. You only have a short period to challenge this loss of your driving privileges, and it will remain in effect until it is over regardless of the outcome of your criminal case.
Florida Hands Down Significant Penalties for DUI Convictions
Without intervention, your Largo DUI traffic stop and arrest will likely turn into charges and eventually a conviction. You need to challenge the allegations against you to get a more favorable outcome in your case. If you enter a guilty plea or are guilty of DUI at trial, the possible penalties for a Florida DUI conviction include:
- An additional license suspension
- A vehicle impound
- A jail sentence or state prison for a felony DUI
- Community service hours
- DUI school
- A substance abuse evaluation
This is true even if it is your first DUI or other criminal conviction. There are some additional factors that could bring extra penalties or increase the significance of your sentence. This may include:
- Previous DUIs
- Convictions for refusal to submit a breathalyzer test
- Causing an accident that led to injuries
- Causing an accident that led to someone’s death
- If your blood alcohol concentration was exceptionally high
- If there were other extenuating circumstances that the judge feels warrant additional penalties
The best way to avoid facing these serious penalties is never to face charges. It may not be too late even if the police have already arrested you. Call the team from Goldman Wetzel now at (727) 828-3900. Do not hesitate. Reach out to a DUI lawyer in Largo right away.
The Goldman Wetzel DUI Lawyers Take on Every Case Together
At Goldman Wetzel, when you hire one, you hire both. Our attorneys—Summer Goldman and Maribeth Wetzel—handle every case together. This allows us to have the most well-rounded viewpoint of your case and the greatest understanding of how we may be able to get a more favorable outcome for you.
Summer’s background is in the prosecutor’s office, collecting evidence and working to build this type of case against drivers accused of drunk driving. She knows how this is done and the evidence that plays a key role. Maribeth, meanwhile, is a career defense attorney. She has always worked to help people like you who need compassionate support and understanding while they navigate one of the most stressful things they have ever faced.
Let Our DUI Lawyers in Largo Go to Work on Your Case Today
In addition to navigating the criminal justice process, developing a defense strategy, and representing you during court appearances, a DUI lawyer can help you battle any related challenges along the way. This could include:
- Fighting the administrative suspension
- Petitioning for a hardship license
- Reinstating driver’s license after a suspension
- Expunging records
- Felony DUI and related charges
- Drug-related DUIs
- Boating under the influence (BUI) charges
We can help our clients best when they enlist our help very early on. We may be able to intervene before the prosecutors formalize charges, stopping them from moving forward with the case against you. Alternatively, other more favorable outcomes may include:
- Convincing the prosecution or judge to drop the charges against you
- Negotiating a plea deal to reduce the charges against you and the penalties you face
- Taking your case to trial and arguing a strong case, getting an acquittal
- Pursuing a reduction of the DUI charge to reckless driving
Call us today at (727) 828-3900 to learn more about how we can help and to get started right away.
Talk to a DUI Lawyer in Largo
If the police arrested you after a traffic stop or accident and claim you were driving under the influence, the DUI criminal defense attorneys from Goldman Wetzel are here to help. We can help you understand what to expect and fight for your best interests as you navigate the criminal justice process—if it becomes necessary.
Our DUI lawyers serve the greater Tampa Bay area, including Largo and Pinellas County, Bradenton, Sarasota, St. Petersburg, and Tampa. If you face accusations of DUI or a related crime anywhere in this area, call our DUI lawyers as soon as possible following your arrest and let us get to work on your case.
You can reach a member of our team now at (727) 828-3900.