If you face allegations of a violent crime, you want aggressive legal representation that can protect your rights and fight for your best interests. The criminal defense attorneys from Goldman Wetzel are here for you in Largo or elsewhere in Pinellas County. We can help if:
- The police arrested you on suspicion of a violent crime
- You are named as a suspect in a violent crime
- They want to question you about a violent crime
- You face charges of a violent crime
We encourage you to reach out to our team as soon as you learn they suspect your involvement. You do not have to go through this on your own. Call (727) 828-3900 today to learn more about how we can help.
Attorneys From Goldman Wetzel Can Take on Any Type of Criminal Case in Largo, FL
A violent crime lawyer in Largo from Goldman Wetzel can take on any type of criminal defense case, including violent crimes. We can go to work today. Let us:
- Protect your rights during interrogations
- Fight for bond if necessary
- Intervene before the state attorney finalizes charges against you
- Investigate your case and develop a strong defense strategy
- Represent you and your best interests every step of the way
A violent crimes lawyer in Largo from Goldman Wetzel can help you with your case, including if you stand accused of:
- Sex crime
- Drug crime
- Domestic violence
- Driving under the influence (DUI) or boating under the influence (BUI)
- Violent crime
We know how to navigate the criminal justice process, no matter if they allege you committed a misdemeanor or felony crime, or if you face federal charges or a juvenile infraction.
The lawyers from Goldman Wetzel work together on every case we take on, using our varied career experience to benefit your case. We can build a stronger case on your behalf and develop a more effective defense strategy because:
- Summer Goldman spent the early years of her career working in the prosecutor’s office.
- Maribeth Wetzel has always represented people who stand accused of crimes in Florida.
Together, we can see all aspects of a case and use their knowledge of the criminal justice system to provide aggressive representation and compassionate support to you and your family.
Conviction of a Violent Crime Could Mean an Extended Sentence in State Prison
Most violent crimes are felony offenses, meaning a conviction will likely result in time behind bars and other serious consequences. FL § 775.082 calls for significant penalties for violent offenders. This often includes:
- A prison sentence served in a state facility
- Large fines
- Community service
The best way to avoid harsh penalties following an allegation or arrest on suspicion of a violent crime is to stop the state attorney from pressing charges. If that is not possible, we may be able to help you avoid a conviction or lessen the severity of the charges you face. This could mean clearing your name or avoiding a felony conviction.
To learn more about how we can help, call Goldman Wetzel today at (727) 828-3900.
The Attorneys from Goldman Wetzel Can Develop a Strong Defense Strategy in Your Case
At Goldman Wetzel, our criminal defense attorneys can get to work on your case right away. When possible, we like to learn about this type of case early on. This not only allows us to ensure your rights remain protected during interrogations and early court appearances but also gives us the opportunity to intervene before the state attorney can finalize charges against you.
In some cases, we may be able to uncover evidence (photos, videos, copies of police reports from the Largo Police Department, etc.) to clear your name and stop the state attorney from ever filing charges in your case. In other cases, this gives us a head start on learning as much as possible about the circumstances that led to your arrest and developing the defense strategy we will use in your case.
Possible Outcomes in a Largo Violent Crimes Case
We will always pursue a more favorable outcome on your behalf, fighting aggressively with your best interests in mind. Every case is different, but some common ways we can get a better outcome for our clients include:
- Presenting evidence that you could not have committed the crime and getting the charges against you dropped
- Taking your case to trial and arguing for an acquittal in court
- Presenting evidence that reduces the nature and severity of the charges you face
- Negotiating a plea deal for a lesser charge or sentence
- Presenting a strong case to support a reduced or diversionary sentence
The criminal defense attorneys at Goldman Wetzel will not only provide aggressive representation, but also compassionate support. We are standing by to discuss your case with you if:
- The police arrested you on suspicion of a violent crime.
- The police want to talk to you about violent crime.
- The police called you a person of interest or a suspect in violent crime.
- There is a warrant for your arrest on suspicion of a violent crime.
- You face charges of a violent crime.
You can call us now at (727) 828-3900 for a free case evaluation. Alternatively, you can call us on behalf of your loved one who is in police custody. We can take action to protect their rights today.
Talk to a Violent Crimes Lawyer in Largo
When you hire one Goldman Wetzel attorney, you hire both. You get two criminal defense lawyers ready to go to work on your case, fighting for a more favorable outcome on your behalf. We know how stressful and scary it can be to face serious allegations, and we are here to support you.
We handle cases in the greater Tampa Bay area, including Largo and Pinellas County. We can review the facts of your case for free and help you understand your rights and legal options. Call (727) 828-3900 to get started.